Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bed Rest, Smed Rest.

So, turns out I SUCK at being on "bed rest."  There is just so much to do and I only have 2 weeks to do it!  Baby Dinosaur will be here before we know it and the nursery doesn't even have pictures on the wall!  He is going to get here and be like, "Seriously, mom?  You couldn't even hang a damn picture?!"  And to that I'll say, "You're lucky you have a crib and won't be sleeping in the laundry basket!" which was my original plan but it seems having your infant sleep in a laundry basket is frowned upon.

Seriously though, we were blessed with a huge family and group of friends who have given us enough baby supplies to last thought the first 10 years or so.  Thank you all :) Here is one of my favorites.

Thanks Mandy-Loo!!!

I wish I could sit here and tell you all the horror stories about being pregnant because it would be hilarious, but it turns out...I was MADE for this shit.  I've had the easiest, non-complicated preganancy in the history of the world and I would like to pubicly give credit to my Amazonian Woman ancestors and my mom for the kick ass breeding.

I've had no sickness, morning or other, no crazy hormone rages. I've only gained 40 lbs, and yeah, that's on the high side but I'm pretty sure Baby Dinosaur will come out weighing 20 lbs, so there's half right there!

I have been a little emotional, an OnStar commercial on the radio made me bawl like a baby the other day, and I start crying at random points in everyday conversations which tends to freak people out a bit.  But so far the only medical issue I've had is this stupid blood pressure thing.  It keeps being high and I keep telling it to chill the fuck out, but it keeps not listening so my doctor put me on "bed rest."  Which is okay because I just get to extend my maternity leave to 2.5 months instead of 2.

One thing I wasn't prepared for, the BOOBS.  My simple little Bs inflated to Ds overnight and from what I hear, they are going to get even bigger!  Then smaller...and flatter....and then they will miraculously get plasticier.  Yeah, just made that word up.  Plasticier, definition: Containing more plastic than previously thought possible.

So I'm off, I must reorganize the nursery..again.  Maybe once I have it all set up I will post pics. And then once I reorganize it again, I will post pics of that too.  For now, here is a sneak preview.

Why yes, the theme IS Dinosaurs.  How did you guess?!

No comments: